ON-LINE ENTRY IS CLOSED. PLEASE ENTER AND PAY IN SODWANA BAY DURING REGISTRATION.
Info about registration in Sodwana Bay to
- Competition dates: 4th to 6th October 2012.
- Video entrants may register on the evening of the 3rd October 2011
Entry includes a meal voucher for Prize-Giving evening
A host of activities will be organised for children including sand castle
building competitions, beach cleanups, eco talks, face painting etc. Please be
sure to indicate, on the on-line entry form, how many children you will be
A compulsory donation of R20.00 to Endangered Species Conservation is included
in your entry fee.
If you enter a Still Category and a Video Category, you will need to pay the
larger amount only, not both fees.
The Shootout T-shirt will be provided to all competitors, sponsored by
STILL NOVICE R150.00
STILL COMPACT R200.00
- Less than 1 years shooting and never entered competition.
- 2 Sections – Novice Wide Angle and Novice Macro
STILL INTERMEDIATE R250.00
- 1-2 years shooting, can have entered a competition.
- 2 Sections – Compact Wide Angle and Compact Macro
- 5 Years shooting
- 4 sections
- Intermediate – Wide Angle Unrestricted
- Intermediate – Wide Angle Traditional
- Intermediate – Macro Unrestricted Intermediate – Macro Traditional
- 5 Years + shooting and /or placed in competition
- 4 sections,
- Entry must be a portfolio of 3 Images relevant to category
CONSERVATION FREE ENTRY
- Advanced – Wide Angle Unrestricted
- Advanced – Wide Angle Traditional
- Advanced – Macro Unrestricted
- Advanced – Macro Traditional
CREATIVE DIGITAL (extra images R100)
- Open to everyone
- Can be land or underwater and have a poignant theme. Try steer away from negative themes.
LAND (extra images R100)
Can be manipulated image.
- Open to everyone
- Must be shot in SODWANA BAY national park.
- Can crop and adjust colour and brightness – no added elements
UNIQUE/RARE (extra images R100)
VIDEO UWTube R200
- Have taken part in activities on beach/underwater
- Not older than 15
- Have taken the photo themself
VIDEO Music R250
- Novice video , can be clip does not have to be edited.
- Maximum 2 minutes
VIDEO DOCUMENTARY R350
- Can be comedy, rock type, or just edited clips with music
- Maximum 4 minutes
- Can use titles, music or voice over
- Must have specific theme
- Maximum 5 minutes
- MUST be edited Mini Documentary
We have adopted the Conservation Rules established by EPIC. Marine life should
never be stressed or endangered for the sake of a photo or video clip.
Conservation rules will apply to all entries and decisions will be final.
Entries suspected of exhibiting the following behaviour will be disqualified:
In 2009 we launched a new conservation initiative where we had independent
observers observe divers underwater for any misconduct. All entrants had to wear
a luminous disc with their entrant number on it as to be easily identified by
the observers. This year we will once again work with SANBI on this initiative.
Accommodation & Dives:
Please be sure to book your own accomodation and dives.
Have a look at the
page and contact the parties involved.
5.00-7.00 PM Video Registration
AM: Video Entrants may begin Shooting.
4.30-6.00 PM:Stills Registration
and Late entries
6.00-7.00 PM: Collection Of Shootout Packs
Day 1 Shootout Dives
Day 2 Shootout Dives
5.30-6.30 PM: VIDEO SUBMISSIONS
6.30- 7.00 PM: STILLSUBMISSIONS
7.00 - 9.00 AM :STILL SUBMISSIONS
6.00 PM: PRIZE-GIVING DINNER
7.00 - 9.00PM: PRESENTATIONS AND PRIZE-GIVING
Check your Entry:
Type in your Entry Number below to see your details.
General competition questions email
Questions about on-line entry email